Comedy - Tragedy

Comedy - Tragedy
All the world truly IS a stage!

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Back on the air...!

Greetings!

I have been terribly busy over the past two months... So much so that I have not posted on this blog! Let me try to catch up just a bit.

I have been in rehearsals for Jesus Christ Superstar. The production just opened this past weekend at the Barnstormers Theater in Ridley Park, PA. I was cast as King Herod and have had an absolute BLAST in the role! I must thank several people:

Me as King Herod

First, my fellow actors who are my backup dancers for this hilariously irreverent number. All of you make my job easier and also make me look good. That is no easy feat.

Second to the choreographer, Lori, who understood the limitations of a non-dancer with bad knees and let me run with a few crazy ideas. Your faith and patience were greatly appreciated.


Third to my wife, Melanie, who made the zany idea of a Mardi Gras themed party a reality. The results are both striking and memorable. Your vision MAKES the scene.

I'm also in several other scenes. The directors used me as an anchor for several songs and I was able to offer support to a few of my few actors where it was needed.  I have five different costumes, and nine different changes. Considering that the cast of 24 has an average of three costumes per actor, I think I hold the record for this show!

With Judas: Damned for All Time 

Many other things have happened over the past two months which I will cover in upcoming posts. I have a number of things to share. I am looking to post an update every day for the month of April. And that is no April Fool.

Until the next time... tomorrow... I will... EXIT, PURSUED BY A BEAR.

No comments:

Post a Comment